“We confuse boys when we see their feminine characteristics as weak, when in fact they are not feminine weaknesses but HUMAN strengths.” ― Dr. Judy Chu
In episode #009 of The ManKind Podcast, Brandon Clift interviews Boys Psychosocial Development expert Dr. Judy Chu of Stanford University to identify why society places so much pressure on young boys to abandon their feelings and sensitivities in order to “Man Up.”
Who This Episode Is For You If:
- You want to better understand why boys feel so much pressure to “Man up.”
- You’re seeking to better understand the young boys and adolescents in your own life.
- You’re curious as to how your childhood experiences may still be impacting your life today.
In This Episode You Will:
- Learn that the deepest desires of young boys are, in fact, the same that we as adults crave.
- Hear from Judy’s 25 years of research of the many ways that boys and teens feel pressure to disassociate with any semblances of femininity.
- Discover ways to break the cycle of hyper-masculinity in order to raise far more well-rounded boys.
Did You Enjoy Dr. Judy Chu? Here Is How To Find Out More:
- Judy’s Website: HERE
- Judy’s Book:When Boys Become Boys
- Check Out Movember: Movember.com
- Check Our Promundo: promundoglobal.org
Find A Men’s Circle Near You: https://mkpusa.org/mens-group
With over 1000+ Men’s Circles worldwide, men are waiting to welcome you into a kind, supportive and safe brotherhood of men. FREE Online Men’s Groups available every week.
Support the show (https://bit.ly/mankindpodcast)