New Warrior Training Adventure
Description of the Training
WHAT IT IS
The NWTA is a modern male initiation and self-examination. It is a REAL TIME hero’s journey. It is the challenge of a lifetime for many men. It’s safe, supportive and cutting edge. It is NOT a retreat, a conference or a workshop. It is NOT like anything you’ve done before. Many men rank this among the most powerful experiences of their lives.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
You’ll get more than you’re willing to hope for: purpose, passion, vibrancy, joy, healing, connection to self, new energy, clarity, power, freedom, understanding, brotherhood, trust. Over 75,000 men have now taken this journey, and every man’s experience has been unique. This training is led by men certified by the ManKind Project with extensive experience in men’s transformational work. Each process of the weekend is overseen by a team of leaders, providing the highest level of safety and professionalism possible.
ABOUT THE NWTA
It’s a life affirming event, honoring the best in what men have to offer the planet. We are only able to recognize the powerful brilliance of men because we are willing to look at, and take full responsibility for, the pain we are also capable of creating… and suffering. This is the paradox of modern masculinity, and it is a lesson we are dedicated to learning and teaching.
AT THE NWTA
You’ll experience a level of energy, a quality of masculinity, a deep sense of safety, joy and laughter, anger and fear, physical challenge, and a connection to life’s mystery that we can’t explain to you, no matter how hard we try. You’ll have the opportunity to look with fearless honesty at the life you’ve created, and make profound choices about what you want to keep, what you want to expand, and what you want to let go of. You’ll discover your unique connection to manhood, explore a new way of understanding masculinity, and step fully into the man you envision yourself to be.
About the Hero’s Journey
SEPARATION – FRIDAY NIGHT
Moving away from the familiar. Team-building, individual and group exercises examine the modern male psyche: accountability, leadership, confrontation, competition.
DESCENT – SATURDAY MORNING
An exploration of authentic male emotion, conflict, purpose, and healthy power. Revisiting life history and stories. Connecting to what lies ahead.
ORDEAL – SATURDAY AFTERNOON
A challenge to embody fully authentic masculinity, to step into power, to break through barriers, and to experience the full potential of mature manhood.
INITIATION – SATURDAY NIGHT
Accepting responsibility as a man among men. Exploration of group dynamics, diversity and similarity. A test of solidarity and trust. A welcome into the circle of men.
INTEGRATION – SUNDAY MORNING
An exploration of legacy, connection, purpose, relationships and intention. Recognizing connections to nature and humanity.
CELEBRATION – SUNDAY AFTERNOON
A feast of victory, affirmation, laughter, and community. Begin integrating the learning of the weekend. Wrap up and send-off.
$800 CAD Early Bird price before August 22. $850 CAD up to September 22. Financial assistance and payment plans are often available. No man is turned away around money. Register and a volunteer will contact you around payment arrangements.
ACCOMODATION, MEALS & TRANSPORT
Sleeping accomodation and adequate food is included. Transportation is not included but our Carpooling Coordinator will connect you to other participants traveling to the training location.
Next Training Dates
April 19-21, 2024 Tla’amin – Powell River, BC
Attendee Registration Steps
- Complete Online Registration Form once public. Check back to this page and make sure you’re on the NWTA Waiting List.
- Pay a $200 CAD deposit using the Paypal form below to reserve your spot
- Forward by email the payment confirmation from PayPal or a screenshot to email@example.com
- Check your email inbox for the NWTA Participant’s Info Package. It contains instructions on downloading and/or printing the required document PDFs.
- Fill out required document PDFs and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 calendar days of having received the link to the NWTA Participant’s Info Package.
- Pay remaining tuition balance before midnight 30 days before the event to qualify for Early Bird $800 tuition price (less deposit). Or pay the remaining balance of the regular $850 fee during the last month before the event. Once you register, you can request payment arrangements and/or apply for scholarships. No committed participant is turned away over money.
Make a April 2024 Tla'amin - Powell River, NWTA payment
Practice Leadership & Service
NWTA Grad? Be on the Staff and/or Men Of Service Team. Apply at www.mkpconnect.org
Staff fee including meals and accommodation: $150 CAD. MOS fee: $50 CAD.
Your Hero’s Journey
I don't remember ever being told that I am not allowed to cry but I remember feeling like it was not ok. I remember being told how to act like a "man" when I was an expression of femininity as a child. I remember military training that taught me how a "man" shows up in the world. Through MKP I have learned, truly, how a man shows up for himself and, in turn, the world. This group of men has taught me how to love, and be loved, by men, without exception or expectations. The New Warrior Training Adventure (NWTA) weekend was one of the most powerful and transformative weekends of my life.
Are You Ready To Do Whatever It Takes?
The New Warrior Training Adventure [NWTA] is a singular type of life affirming event, honoring the best in what men have to offer the planet. We are only able to recognize the powerful brilliance of men because we are willing to look at, and take full responsibility for, the pain we are also capable of creating … and suffering. This is the paradox of modern masculinity, a lesson we are dedicated to learning and teaching.
What’s In It For You?
What Does It Look Like?
Join a group of between 15 and 40 other men
- You will be asked to car pool
- We recommend that men drive less than 3 hours
Join an intensive experiential process:
- Processes to help every man step into his unique sense of self
- Individual and group exercises
- Physical activities, writing, visualizations
Be supported by 20-50 staff and leaders.
- Some are there for the first time
- Others with thousands of hours of experience
- An unmatched opportunity in personal development
Return home Sunday afternoon
- Begin to integrate with a whole new outlook
- Greet your loved ones with a fire in your belly
- Have a quiet evening planned
The New Warrior Training Adventure weekend event begins on Friday between 5 and 5:30pm and ends on Sunday between 3 and 4pm.
All meals, materials, and accommodations are included in the cost of the training.
After Registering, you will be contacted by a man in the training locale you have selected to continue the application process.
The New Warrior Training Adventure weekend is $850 CAD. Your $200 deposit holds your spot with the remaining $650 to be paid closer to the weekend event.
Other payment arrangements can be negotiated after you’ve started the application process. If you’re ready for this training we will work out something around the fees.